13 июн. 2016 г.

Sail through a job interview!



1.   Check your vocabulary.
Choose the correct answers:

Prepositions.
to be in charge of/for                        to be responsible  of /for
to graduate of/from                          to be qualified  as/like  an architector
to deal with/for complaints               to work of/under pressure
to apply of/for a job                         on/in my previous position

Grammar
I worked/ have worked for 3 years in Samsung.
I graduated / have graduated the University in 2005.
Currently  I work/ I’m working on a new project.
In 5 years’ time I will be/I’m going to be  in charge of  the marketing  department

2.  Questions and answers.
Match the answers to the questions. Then complete the sentences to make them true about you.

1.    I graduated from… and I’m qualified as an… OR  I have a degree in…
2.    In my previous position I dealt with…. That  job involved….( Ving or a noun)
3.    I’m  competent   at... and I have a good head for….
4.    My strong points are….  and probably my weakness is …
5.    I can make a real contribution to this company because...
6.   In 5 years’ time I ….
Questions:
a.       What are your strong and weak points?
b.       What are your career objectives 5 years from now?
c.        Tell us more about your education.
d.        What can you offer this company?
e.        What were your responsibilities in your previous job?
f.         What personal and professional skills do you have?

3.  Questions to ask an interviewer.
If you could ask only 2 questions at the job interview,which ones would you choose?
1.    Can you please show me some examples of projects that I’d be working on?
2.    What specific qualities and skills are you looking for in the job candidate?
3.    How long does someone typically stay in this job?
4.   What does a typical day or week look like for the person in this position?  Is there travel, flextime, etc?
5.    What is the key to success in this job?
6.    If anyone has failed at this job, why did they fail?
7.    Does the company offer continued education and professional training?
8.    How would an employee know if they were considered a success or not?

4. Video “A job interview went  wrong”(from Step brothers).
Watch the video and answer the question: Why did this job interview go wrong?



What things shouldn’t people do at the job interviews?
Have you ever had unsuccessful job interviews?




Key:
Exercise 1
to be in charge of                         to be responsible  for
to graduate from                          to be qualified  as  an architector
to deal with  complaints               to work  under pressure
to apply for a job                         in my previous position

I worked/ have worked for 3 years in Samsung- It depends- If you still work there,use “have worked”. If you don’t work there any more,use “worked”
I graduated the University in 2005.
Currently  I’m working on a new project.
In 5 years’ time I will be  in charge of  the marketing  department- We use ‘will” to talk about facts based on our opinion.

Exercise  2
a  4       b 6      c  1       d   5       e  2       f  3

Exercise 4
The man wore tuxedoes to a job interview for a position of bathroom cleaners.
One of the men couldn’t memorize the interviewer’s name and mispronounced it several times.
The men come to the job interview with an “assistant”.
They insulted the HR manager.

They ask about souvernirs at the end of the job interview.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий