Sometimes English people use the name of nationalities in their common everyday phrases.
1. Learn these idioms:to go Dutch
=everyone pays for himself in a pub or a restaurant.
= confidence gained after you drink some alcohol
“It’s all Greek to me”
= you can’t make sense of written instructions
= unusually warm period in autumn
= effect caused by spectators who stand up and sit down at the stadium
= when you leave without telling anyone that you are leaving or without permission.
2. How would you answer the questions:
1. Have you ever done a Mexican wave?
2. How long is an Indian summer in your country?
3. When did you last say the phrase: "It's all Greek to me"?
4. What things can't you do without Dutch courage?
5. Have you ever taken French leave?
Leave your comments below.